Get to Know About the Treatment:
The VenaSeal™ closure system eliminates the need for surgery and uses a registered medical adhesive delivered into your diseased vein by means of a small catheter to close it.
The adhesive is a type of medical glue that shuts down and seals the defective vein.
It’s a safe and minimally invasive procedure that does not require the need for heating nor tumescent anesthesia around the vein area that involves several needle sticks which causes severe discomfort.
It also does not involve sclerosants (the injectable irritant that is the cause of inflammation around the area involved).
Before the Procedure:
Your affected leg will undergo an ultrasound exam. Through this exam, the diseased vein will be accessed and the treatment will be planned. Dr. Umerani, the vein doctor will discuss the procedure with you.
During the VenaSeal™ Procedure:
- A needle stick will be used to numb the affected area. You might experience some slight pain or a feeling of stinging.
- We will then insert the catheter (a short hollow tube) into your leg, which may result in a feeling of some pressure.
- The catheter will be positioned in specific areas and would be used to deliver small quantities of the medical adhesive or glue that would collapse and seal the affected vein. You may sense some pulling and jerking as a result.
- Throughout the process, ultrasound will be used for guiding the catheter in your leg.
- Once the procedure is finished, the catheter will be removed and a bandage is placed to cover and protect the puncture site.
After the Procedure:
You will be moved to a recovery area for resting. Your vascular doctor will discuss with you the post-procedure guidelines.
- VenaSeal™ is proven to be safe and effective varicose veins treatment that excludes the risk of injury to nerves while treating the small saphenous vein, which is a risk associated with certain heat-based procedures.
- Many diseased veins can be treated in a single session and each session usually completes within an hour.
- When finished, you will feel much lighter in your legs as they don’t carry the excess weight anymore.
- There are no drugs involved before the procedure and also does not need prompt pain medication or compression stockings.
- You can resume your normal activities and exercise almost right after the procedure.
VenaSeal™ is a simple yet revolutionary solution for effectively treating varicose veins in legs and that is done in our office.