Get to Know About the Treatment:
Varithena is a polidocanol injectable foam (1%) that is approved by FDA for correcting the reflux in the saphenous veins as well as improving the appearance of varicose veins in legs which leads to increased comfort.
you will have a much better-looking leg with a better feel. Varithena is an alternative to standard procedure used to treat varicose veins and is also minimally invasive.
The following symptoms of varicose veins can be improved by Varithena:
Before the Treatment:
After consultation with Dr. Umerani, we will explain the detailed process and provide you with the instructions before the treatment.
Keep in mind that no sedative drugs need to be administered as Varithena is not a surgical process.
During the Varithena Treatment:
- After numbing the affected area to ensure your comfort, we would insert a small needle or catheter containing the Varithena foam into the area surrounding your varicose veins.
- The foam can also be inserted through direct injection.
- With the help of ultrasound, the foam will pass into the vein which leads to its collapse. As a result, the blood will redirect into the surrounding healthy veins.
- We would then put a bandage into the affected site for protection.
- Keep in mind that the entire procedure takes only about an hour, depending on the number of veins to be treated.
After the Treatment:
You must keep the bandage dry and on for about 48 hours after the treatment. You have to change instantly if it becomes wet.
Dr. Umerani, the vein doctor will schedule your follow-up visit and discuss it with you.
You can usually resume light activities almost after the treatment but you must avoid heavy activities and exercise.
The only exercise you can do is 10 minutes of walking each day for a month. You may also have to wear knee-high stockings if the treated area is around your knees.
- You will see an immediate relief and look and feel better. Patients can even resume some activities on the same day as the treatment.
- The entire treatment normally takes less than an hour.
- There is no need for sedation, incision or general anesthesia. This makes Varithena process as minimally invasive.
- The treatment does not use thermal energy and there is also no need for multiple injections for numbing the treatment area.
Varithena is a simple, rapid and non-surgical varicose vein treatment that is performed at Comprehensive Vein Care.