standard-title Case 2
The patient was a 31-year-old female who was suffering from superficial veins visible in both legs, which became worse following her third pregnancy. Symptoms included pain and discomfort that usually intensified at night, during hot weather and during menstrual periods.
- 31-year old female marketing manager.
- She was having varicose veins since 16 years of age.
- Vein stripping, recurrence of varicose veins after two years.
- The patient underwent VenaSeal™ treatment followed by Varithena.
- Return to work following day after treatment.
The presence of underlying varicose veins was confirmed by assessment with the duplex scan. VenaSeal™ followed by Varithena was deemed sufficient to alleviate the patient’s symptoms. There is a 20-percent chance that an additional Varithena treatment will be necessary in the next 4-5 years.