standard-title Case 1
The patient was a 78-year old male evaluated for large varicose veins in both lower extremities. He has worked at a local grocery store for several years. Symptoms included leg swelling, aching, pain and restless legs.
- The 78-year-old male worked at a grocery store.
- Symptoms had appeared in the last few months
- The patient is a little overweight and never had been treated for varicose veins.
- A venous ultrasound performed in our office revealed large varicose veins bilaterally.
- The patient was advised for compression stockings.
The patient was re-evaluated in 6 months. Treatment options were discussed with the patient. He underwent Radiofrequency Ablation (ClosureFast™) of bilateral greater saphenous and small saphenous veins. Follow-up exams and ultrasound revealed successful vein closure. The patient was advised to continue with compression stockings and follow up in one year.